10 ways to prepare for a baby shower
A baby shower is a special occasion that celebrates the arrival of a new baby and provides the parents-to-be with gifts and support. Preparing for a baby shower can be a lot of work, but with a little planning and organization, you can make sure that everything runs smoothly. Here are 10 ways to prepare for your baby shower:
- Set a date: Choose a date and time that works best for the majority of your guests. Keep in mind that weekends are typically the best time for a baby shower, and try to plan the shower at least 4-6 weeks before the due date.
- Create a guest list: Make a list of the people you want to invite to the baby shower. Keep in mind that the size of the baby shower will depend on the space you have available and your budget.
- Choose a venue: Decide on a location for the baby shower. It could be at a friend or family member's home, a park, or a restaurant, depending on the size of the guest list and the type of event you want to have.
- Send out invitations: Once you have the guest list and location, send out the invitations. You can choose from a variety of options, such as e-vites, paper invitations, or phone calls. Be sure to include all the important details, such as the date, time, location, and RSVP information.
- Plan the menu: Decide on what food and drinks to serve at the baby shower. You can opt for a potluck, catering, or a simple snack and dessert spread. Keep in mind that many guests may have dietary restrictions so try to provide options for everyone.
- Decorate: Add some decorations to the venue to make it feel festive and special. You can choose from a variety of themes, such as a traditional pink or blue baby shower, a jungle or animal theme, or a more modern style.
- Plan games and activities: Plan some games and activities to keep your guests entertained. Some popular baby shower games include baby name games, diaper raffles, and baby bingo.
- Prepare for gifts: Be prepared to receive gifts from your guests. Have a designated area for the gifts, and make sure you have a way to transport them home.
- Plan the favors: Plan to give your guests a small token of appreciation. Favors can be as simple as a homemade treat or a special item such as a candle or a picture frame.
- Plan for thank you notes: After the shower, you will need to send thank you notes to your guests. Keep a list of the gifts you received, and take note of who gave them to you, so you can send personalized thank you notes.
Overall, planning a baby shower takes time and effort, but with a little organization, you can make sure that everything runs smoothly. By following these 10 steps, you can prepare for a baby shower that will be remembered by all your guests for years to come.